- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Business Development Associate [Full time staff]
Sustainable Brands is changing the future of commerce worldwide by working with global brand leaders and their stakeholders around the world to change the measures of success for business and help brands succeed in the 21st century by leading the way to a flourishing future. Joining our team in this role offers the opportunity to become a key enabler of success against our mission as well as the chance to gain a front row seat in watching the changing role of business unfold. You'll meet the people who are making it happen, learn what it's like to work inside a for-purpose business, and actually contribute in a meaningful way to helping us extend our reach while keeping our organization healthy and growing.
The full-time Business Development Associate will support the Business Development team across all products and services. With direction from the departmental head, this person will create sales tools and processes for our sales team and oversee the delivery of all sales-related training. They will also oversee and manage sales pipeline reporting and monitoring of KPIs in order to drive effectiveness. We are looking for a values-aligned team member to fill this role who has a solid understanding of the sales process, the corporate sustainability space, and who can deliver results in line with our brand promise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support sales team across all revenue growth opportunities
- Review RFPs and assist with proposals by preparing key data points and relevant research, and building sale presentations
- Ensure new inbound leads are responded to promptly
- Proactively assist in developing prospect list
- Implement sales marketing campaigns
- Help accurately price campaigns and forecast future campaign performance
- Help grow revenue across Sustainable Brands’ current book of business and proactively seek out new opportunities in the industry
- Assist during client pitches
- Help manage sales pipeline and update Salesforce, our principal CRM tool
- Work with Business Development team to provide campaign support, including post-campaign analysis
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years relevant experience in a sales, preferably as a sales planner or in an account management role
- Desire to work with and understand data
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Highly organized and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce a must
You are exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present our brand and business value proposition effectively to anyone. You are a team player by nature, and love to deliver your work effectively in support of others'. You are a thorough relationship manager; concerned with how our customers can build their business by engaging with us. You are a natural problem solver, and can thrive in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
Why you’ll love SB:
Headquartered in San Francisco with managing partners all over the world, our workplace is full of creative, intelligent, progressive sustainability and events professionals, who are driven to build a new economy in which all people (including our employees!) thrive. Our full time employees are expected to work from the San Francisco office. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement contributions, flexible work schedule, telecommuting on Fridays, regular team happy hours, and many opportunities for professional development.
What you’ll need to do:
Send your resume and a cover letter that is interesting and personal - and best describes who you are and why you are the one to fill this opportunity with the email subject "Business Development Associate" - to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please include a URL to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle, as well as how you heard about the job.