- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Manager, Front-End Web Development [Full time staff]
Sustainable Brands is changing the future of commerce worldwide by working with global brand leaders and their stakeholders around the world to change the measures of success for business and help brands succeed in the 21st century by leading the way to a flourishing future. Joining our team in this role offers the opportunity to become a key enabler of success against our mission. You'll help us communicate with users and customers around the globe through responsive, effective and impactful web sites, email and digital communications. Sustainable Brands is a for-purpose business, and this role directly helps us extend our reach, elevates our position in the market, and helps us inform and engage our community.
The Manager of Front-End Web Development will support the Marketing team across all our digital communications products and services. With direction from the departmental head, this role will be responsible for adapting our brand style to the digital realm and oversee the delivery of responsive web and email experiences for our audience and stakeholders. They will also strive to improve and optimize processes for development projects and identify tools and resources to maintain product integrity and relevance. We are looking for a values-aligned, quality-focused team member to fill this role who has a solid understanding of what constitutes good design and coding best practices, and who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Front End Development:
- Manage multiple digital design and development projects in a deadline-driven team environment
- Develop, maintain and support front end website, event microsites and landing pages
- Create daily and weekly marketing emails and newsletters
- Integrate the website with several other platforms including Google Analytics, Adwords, Salesforce, Marketo etc.
- Test and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smart phones and tablets
- Digital Content Management:
- Work collaboratively with Event Ops and Marketing to create 3-4 attendee emails per event
- Copy edit and QA/correct pages on event microsites, e.g. Special Events Pages
- Design and manage marketing pages on event microsites such as Sponsor page, Activation Hub page, Sustainability page, and other attendee engagement pages (Working collaboratively with Ops, Marketing, and Business Development on content and timing)
- Manage upload of appropriate digital sponsor logos and advertisements (Drupal, Google Analytics, DFP)
- Assist in creating and managing assets for speakers, like web pages, social tools, and webforms.
- Assist in creating and managing speaker profiles on event microsites (ongoing, all managed events)
- Work with Operations to design appropriate event app marketing and tools for attendees and supporting in app builds
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- 3 years experience managing digital design and development projects (Required)
- Experience using Bootstrap and Responsive Design (both website and email)
- Able to design well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Ability to self-manage time spent in execution of projects while delivering to deadlines and proactively communicating project status to stakeholders
- Strong grasp of design principles and usability best practices
- Graphic Design experience desired
Tasks/Projects (Short to Midterm)
- Create daily/monthly newsletters in html
- Business newsletter - every Monday
- Innovation newsletter - every Wednesday
- Communications - every Thursday
- Weekend - every Saturday
- Research+ - last Friday of each month
- Create daily/weekly event-related marketing emails in HTML
- Create and maintain landing pages and emails on Marketo for webinars, downloads, speaker nominations, sponsorship inquiry
- Create and maintain microsites and pages on Wordpress using responsive layout and design framework
- Maintain and support front-end web site and pages on Drupal
- Support other departments on daily html needs (create new pages, fix html errors, create new emails, etc.)
Please provide a full portfolio of your work or links to relevant websites.
Why you’ll love SB:
Headquartered in San Francisco with managing partners all over the world, our workplace is full of creative, intelligent, progressive sustainability and events professionals, who are driven to build a new economy in which all people (including our employees!) thrive. Our full time employees are expected to work from the San Francisco office. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement contributions, flexible work schedule, telecommuting on Fridays, regular team happy hours, and many opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
If interested, send your resume and an INTERESTING cover letter that describes who you are and why you are our ideal Front End Developer to email@example.com with the subject "Manager, Front End Development" Please include links to your LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.