- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Insight Development Research Associate (Volunteer/Intern)
About the Position in 2016:
• Assist with research, design and coordination of Sustainable Brands conference content, supporting program development for flagship annual conferences in the United States and Western Europe, as well as the ground-breaking New Metrics of Sustainable Business series of events;
• Develop research reports and/or case studies to build up and/or update an internal knowledge base on a number of cutting-edge corporate sustainability topics;
• Assist with, and potentially lead, other special projects, which may include co-authoring case studies and white papers;
• Assist with other duties on behalf of the Director of Program Development or the Managing Editor, as needed;
• NOTE: This is an unpaid part-time position and we prefer candidates who can commit at least 20 hours a week. There is some potential to move into a paid leadership position after 3 months, depending on individual performance and the overall growth of the business.
• Recent (or soon-to-be) college or advanced degree graduate (B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., MBA or equivalent) in Sustainable Business, Social Entrepreneurship/Innovation, Environmental Studies, Economics, Human-Centered Design, Marketing, or related field(s). Some work experience preferred. NOTE: Exceptional candidates still in school will be considered, provided they are ready to make the necessary time commitment;
• Highly motivated self-starter, exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle many activities with grace and good humor;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with ability to generate the trust and respect of all, whether interacting with a global corporate executive, a supplier, or an administrative assistant;
• A team player who communicates well across the organization and views their personal success as integral to the success of the team and the performance of the organization against its goals;
• Ethically driven, with impeccable personal integrity, able to maintain confidentiality, looking for a high level of responsibility with a purpose-driven, entrepreneurially-run organization;
• Proficient with all common types of information technology, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs and all manners of Internet research.
Why You will Love Sustainable Brands:
Our team is an incredible and eclectic mix of media and sustainable business experts. We offer a flexible work schedule, possible part time telecommuting and superb networking opportunities. See who attends our events and you'll know what we mean. We are a fun, young team of individuals passionate about the role business can play in moving us towards a sustainable future. If you feel the same way, we'd love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle, if you have them. Cover letter optional.