- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Member Engagement and Fulfillment [Intern]
About the Position
The Sustainable Brands Membership team seeks an intern to assist with Corporate Member Engagement and Fulfillment. The Membership Intern will be involved in administrative and sustainability content projects for SB’s global network of Corporate Member organizations. This role will require constant interaction with our Corporate Member Network and is an outstanding opportunity to learn about and keep informed of all the latest corporate sustainability efforts and trends.
The Member Engagement and Fulfillment team ensures that our members are equipped to utilize their membership in order to help them on their path to a sustainable future. This position will support the Member Engagement and Fulfillment team on projects ranging from administration, content creation and research.
The majority of the work is done online and digitally; therefore, the intern must be tech savvy and have strong computer skills and familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox, and HTML. Must have access to a personal laptop and the ability to work in the Downtown San Francisco office at least once a week, 20-40 hrs/week.
Please keep in mind that we are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team-- the potential for future employment is there for the right candidate.
- Update/maintain website, databases, and documents
- Research and develop organizational tools for membership management
- Help develop sustainability content materials for our Corporate Members, as well as editorial pieces, library entries, and custom research reports and case studies, as needed, in support of membership fulfillment projects and the overall goal of building up SB’s internal knowledge base on a number of cutting-edge corporate sustainability topics
- Assist with special tasks and projects, which may include establishing and managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the global SB community, co-authoring white papers, and researching and reporting on specific sustainability topics
- Work closely with the Membership team
- College or advanced degree graduate (B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., MBA or equivalent) in Sustainable Business, Communications, Social Entrepreneurship/Innovation, Economics, Environmental Studies, Human-Centered Design, Applied Psychology or related field(s)
- Excellent candidates still in school will be considered
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, highly motivated self-starter, able to juggle many activities and a high volume of communication with focus, grace and good humor
- Systems thinker who thrives on understanding the big picture, while still paying close attention to details and subtle nuances
- High degree of professionalism, able to communicate clearly and competently with senior corporate executives
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to generate the trust and respect of a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, whether interacting with a global corporate executive, a supplier, or an administrative assistant
- Team player who communicates well across the organization and views her/his personal success as integral to the success of the team and the performance of the organization against its goals
- Ethically driven, with impeccable personal integrity, able to maintain confidentiality, looking for a high level of responsibility within a purpose-driven, entrepreneurially run organization
- Open, progressive, and optimistic attitude, recognizing the potential for impact and influence in all organizations and interested in assisting their sustainability journeys
- Proficient with all common types of information technology, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs and all manners of Internet research
- Basic HTML– you know simple formatting tags or are interested in learning
- Strong quantitative data collection, management, and analysis, including proficiency in Excel
- Avid reader with a keen interest in developing deep knowledge on the full spectrum of topics relevant to both environmental and social corporate sustainability
Why Work at SB
Our team is an incredible and eclectic mix of media and sustainable business experts. We offer a flexible work schedule at our office in downtown San Francisco, snacks, happy hours, possible part-time telecommuting and superb networking opportunities with the world’s leading sustainability practitioners. We are a fun-loving team of individuals passionate about the role business can play in moving us towards a sustainable future. If you feel the same way, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Need to Do:
Send your resume and a cover letter that is interesting and personal - really describes who you are and why you are the one to fill this opportunity - to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Member Engagement Intern Application". Please include a URL to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle if applicable.