- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Live Event Publicity Coordinator (Intern)
Position Summary: Provide public relations and media assistance to the communications team. Contribute to execution and analysis of live event communications campaigns that ultimately lead to increased awareness and visibility for Sustainable Brands events and the community. Part-time (approx. 15-20 hrs/week) student internship. Able to work in San Francisco office 2-3 days per week.
This internship receives a nominal monthly stipend and includes travel & board to San Diego for the conference in June of 2016, so please keep this in mind; we are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team, so the potential for future employment is there for the right candidate.
About Sustainable Brands:
Launched in 2006, Sustainable Brands has become a global learning, collaboration, and commerce community of forward-thinking sustainability, business and brand strategy, and innovation professionals who are leading the way to a better future. We recognize that brands today have a unique role to play in focusing corporate energy and in also influencing culture. And seek to serve as a bridge to better brands that help drive a sustainable economy. The best way to get there is to embed environmental and social innovation into the DNA of a business so that it becomes a core driver of business and brand value. We are business first, and attract many high-ranking professionals to our conferences because of the cutting-edge thought leadership they evoke.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the research, writing and distribution of press releases; insert tracking links within the release, upload the release through various distribution services, maintain a log of all final press releases
- Search for and identify all SB related press featured in media outlets and maintain log
- Track reporters requesting press passes to events and help coordinate final pass allocations
- Assist in compiling comprehensive information about Sustainable Brands and parent company, Sustainable Life Media, for targeted media
- Assist in creating brochures and sell sheets for media
- Assist in maintaining a database of journalists, editors, publishers and freelance writers; assist in cultivating relationships with key contacts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations from an accredited institution
- Familiar with performance metrics and measurement of individual press releases and other communications vehicles (traffic sources, views, user engagement, etc)
- Familiar with Google Analytics and news monitoring services
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point); database software skills a plus
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter that is interesting and personal to email@example.com with the subject line "Publicity Coordinator Application." Please include a URL to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle, and any other inclusions you feel would help us get to know you better.