- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Introducing the Systems View of Life into Organizations with Fritjof Capra
August 8, 2016
Fritjof Capra, Ph.D., is a scientist, educator, activist, and author of many international bestsellers that connect conceptual changes in science with broader changes in worldview and values in society. Over the past 30 years, he has been engaged in a systematic exploration of how the sciences and society are ushering in a similar shift in worldview, or paradigms, leading to a new vision of reality and a new understanding of the social implications of this cultural transformation. Fritjof's most recent project is Capra Course, a new online course based on his latest book, The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision, written with his long-time friend and colleague Pier Luigi Luisi, one of the world's leading authorities on the origin of life and self-organisation of synthetic and natural systems. The result is a book that presents, for the first time, a coherent systemic framework that integrates four dimensions of life — biological, cognitive, social and ecological — and discusses the profound philosophical, social and political implications of this new paradigm. In this webinar Simon Robinson, co-author of Holonomics: Business Where People and Planet Matter, will discuss with Fritjof the importance to global brands of developing their own systems view of life, and what guidance and inspiration change agents working with brands can learn.
What You Will Learn:
- The critical role of systems thinking to solve the major problems of our global crisis, which are systemic problems — all interconnected and interdependent — and require corresponding systemic solutions.
- How the Cradle to Cradle design methodology lays the groundwork for implementation of all 17 of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals
- How businesses can develop a new generation of leaders leaders who are ecologically literate and capable of thinking systemically.
- Fritjof Capra, Ph.D., co-author, The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision and author of The Turning Point, The Hidden Connections, The Web Of Life, The Tao of Physics
- Simon Robinson, co-author, Holonomics: Business Where People and Planet Matter and co-founder of Holonomics Education
- What is Holonomic Thinking and Why Should You Care?
- www.capracourse.net - to learn more about Fritjof Capra's Capra Course
- The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision (book)
- Holonomics: Business Where People and Planet Matter(book)
Attendee Resources:During the live recording of this webinar, we had a very active audience, from all different backgrounds, eager to share information and resources, asking compelling questions, and a desire to continue the conversation. Below is a list of resources shared during the session. I encourage you to continue the dialogue in the disqus comment box at the bottom of this page.
- http://futurefitbusiness.org/ - What makes a company fit for the future?
- Paper on trans-disciplinary higher education in Europe and Latin America,innovationand re-humanizing entrepreneurship
- watersfoundation.org - Teaching systems thinking in schools
- www.clexchange.org - Teaching systems thinking in schools
- emergingfuture.institute - Think tank discussing importance of bio-mimicry
- www.presencing.com/theoryu - Theory U
- www.thinkdif.co - Ellen MacAurthur Disruptive Innovation Festival, a digital event
- Systems Thinking Basics (book)
- Systems Thinking Playbook (book)
- Thinking in Systems (book)
Continue the conversations, resource sharing, and connecting in the chat feed below: