SB'13 Session: "GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines"
G4 Master Classes: Next Generation GRI Sustainability Reporting FrameworkTwo Advanced Back-to-Back Training Sessions
June 3rd – Day 1 of Sustainable Brands '13
8:00am to 12:30pm
Session 1 – "G4 Download" – an in-depth introduction to newly released G4 Guidelines, a first of its kind for North America after G4's official launch in Europe in late May! Certified Trainers and Sector Leaders will explain GRI's new guidance for governance and remuneration, value chain and boundary, management approach and materiality, and all levels of application. You will learn what new disclosures have been created for GHG, anti-corruption and supply chain reporting, as well as how G4's renewed focus on materiality will impact your reporting and how GRI's inventory of disclosures can be used to create a report that is truly tailored to your organization.
Session 2 – "G4 Applied to the US Context" – you will learn how GRI's G4 Sustainability Reporting Framework can be applied to the US legal and regulatory context. Experts will explain how GRI principles and GRI disclosures can be interpreted to maximize your organization's transparency.
Information about the GRI G4 Master Class Program in North America
- GRI's Focal Point USA is organizing a North American G4 Campaign including a series of 3 GRI Master Classes to educate companies and other stakeholders on G4.
- Sustainable Brands is first to offer GRI's Master Classes 2 and 3 as back-to-back workshop sessions on Day 1 of SB'13.
- Master Class 1 will be held on April 11th at the New York Stock Exchange in New York (9 - 1pm) and on May 2nd at the CERES Conference in San Francisco. It will also be available as a webinar. Stay tuned for details!
- Each Master Class lasts 2 hours and participants who have attended all 3 in the series will receive acknowledgment from GRI.
- All Master Classes will be organized by GRI, its Certified Training Partners, Sector Leaders and a G4 Campaign Sponsor.
The Global Reporting Initiative's (GRI) 2013 Global Conference on Sustainability and Reporting (brochure) will be held on May 22nd – 24th in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This three-day, multinational event will include the latest in sustainability and reporting, including training sessions, workshops and unique networking opportunities. At the Conference, the next generation of GRI's Sustainability Reporting Framework – the G4 Guidelines – will be formally launched among an international network of the world's leading supporters of the sustainability field. The event brings together 1500 thought leaders and practitioners of sustainability from all over the world and various constituencies: investors, regulators, businesses, civil society and mediating institutions. You can access the program here, and you can register here.
See what happened at SB'13:
The SB community is partnering with GRI on a number of levels, and one of them is an evolving set of conversations on the convergence of new metrics, valuation standards and reporting frameworks moving us closer to the holy grail of sustainability metrics: a unified picture of environmental, social and economic business impacts. To that end, Mike Wallace, Director, Focal Point USA at GRI, participated in a wonderful conversation on the importance of sustainability context in sustainability management, performance and reporting. Fill out this simple form to download the audio from that session for free!