Upcoming Event: Sustainable Brands 2013
SB London | Why Designers & Innovators Should Attend the Conference
Why Designers & Innovators Should Attend the Conference
Sustainable design is about optimizing interconnections. It's about disconnecting from predisposed ideas of how we deliver intended value, and starting fresh to reevaluate every aspect of the materials, engineering, production, packaging, delivery, use and end life of a solution. You seek to understand the significance of design in today's shifting global economy and are inspired to create solutions that meet the needs of users and society, achieve business goals, and help improve environmental and social impact.
SB London will provide the opportunity to learn from leaders, and collaborate with other innovators who also have the ability to synthesize and resolve often-contradictory needs. Learn more about the vast landscape of issues creating opportunity for smart product, service, and solutions redesign today. From new materials to new business models, you'll brainstorm with your peers in Innovation Labs and learn from leaders who have redesigned for efficacy, efficiency, reuse, dematerialization, shareability, and more.
What You Will Learn:
- How consumer sentiment is changing, leading to new opportunities for more sustainable products
- How disruptive ideas from out of the box thinkers can dramatically shift the flow of funds in markets
- What tools and processes are available for assessing impact from 'cradle to grave' throughout various stages - sourcing, manufacturing, distribution, etc.
- How new business models based on collaborative consumption, product to service design and dematerialization are leading to winning value propositions in the marketplace
Learn from over 60 thought leaders and practitioners on the faculty, including:
Product Sustainability Manager
Head of Sustainability
Founder and Chief Reuser
Diana Verde Nieto
Founder & CEO
See a sample of an SB '12 presentation
Sustainable brands large and small are increasingly connecting consumers, brand teams, suppliers and subject-matter experts in the innovation process to embed sustainability and social purpose into every business strategy, product design and stakeholder relationship. In this 20-minute plenary, BBMG's Raphael Bemporad suggests market trends that will define the business landscape in 2013 and beyond, and share five, example-driven principles of sustainable brand innovation and communication featuring many of the leaders in the Sustainable Brands community. With specific practices for embedding sustainability, inspiring co-creativity and unleashing innovation, Bemporad provides inspiration and action steps to create better brands, products, packaging and platforms, and become agents of change at a faster speed and larger scale than ever before.
Who comes to SB Conferences
- DDB West | Chief Creative Officer
- Johnson & Johnson | VP, Strategic Design Operations
- Unilever | VP Global Packaging
- Campbell Soup-Pepperidge Farm | Research Fellow-Packaging Development
- PepsiCo | SVP, Advanced Research
- Disney | Manager, Corporate Citizenship, Insights & Integration
- Replenish | Founder/CEO
- Bunchball | Founder, Chief Product Officer