- News & Views
- Solution Providers
Call for Content! January’s Issue in Focus: Developing Sustainability Leadership
December 12th, 2012
Calling all innovators and implementers! To kick off 2013, Sustainable Brands will be publishing a new “SB Issues in Focus” editorial package, including daily features, interviews and case studies on the topic of “Developing Sustainability Leadership.”
Guest editors Bonnie Nixon of Sustainability Roundtable, Inc and Cynthia Scott of Presidio Graduate School are seeking content to consider for publication throughout the month of January. This is a perfect opportunity to share your insights on methods and examples of cultivating personal leadership with an eye towards equipping tomorrow’s thought leaders and practitioners with the tools they need to successfully enact long-lasting change.
Article ideas are due by Wednesday, Dec. 19.
Our readers are business leaders seeking personal stories about how others are using their leadership to encourage sustainable innovation. They seek your insights on what cutting-edge skills sustainable leaders use to build organizations that create a new level of profitability and engagement. What is different about “sustainable leaders”? How are they developed and held accountable? We are interested in ideas that might be applied across organizations and into the community. We will evaluate submissions based on current relevance to application, balance of perspective, strength of content, freshness of perspective and applicability to a variety of markets or product sectors.
Written (and/or audio and/or video) perspectives. Focus areas include:
- Personal stories of leadership that encourage others to take action
- Emerging skills and competencies that distinguish sustainable leadership
- Tensions that pull leaders as they champion sustainable approaches
- Examples/case studies of change and innovation
- Core principles that can guide leaders on this journey
Executives, managers, coaches, academics, consultants and other practitioners with insights into the skills and traits required of successful sustainability leaders
Specific idea pitches due by end of day Wednesday, Dec. 19; once approved, final author submissions are due by Thursday, January 3.
Share an OVERVIEW (one paragraph to one page) of your innovative ideas, initiatives, implementations and takeaways from your company, industry, students, staff, etc, focused on developing sustainability leadership.
Contributions providing specific insights will be given highest priority, such as:
- Development: How is “sustainable” leadership developed? Are these kinds of leaders born or made?
- Vision: How has leadership guided your business vision or brand value proposition?
- Metrics: Can sustainable leadership be measured? What are the core components that indicate a sustainable approach?
- Financial Impact: What are some of the impacts of leading with a sustainable approach? What kinds of impacts have been shown beyond strict financial measures?
- Communication: How do sustainable leaders engage and communicate with their employees/stakeholders/customers?
- Accountability: How do sustainable leaders hold themselves accountable? What are the key criteria applied to assessing sustainable leaders?
- Decision Making: How do sustainable leaders make decisions? What is their reliance on collaborative approaches?
Preference will be given to pieces that provide perspectives with enterprise-wide and ideally market-wide implications and applications.