- News & Views
- Solution Providers
The New Metrics of Sustainable Business
August 1st, 2013
As the way we define value as a society continues to evolve, the demand for business to create and measure new forms of value and to tie these to the bottom line becomes paramount. Sustainable Brands' Issue in Focus channel on #NewMetrics — with the help of guest editors R. Paul Herman and Nick Gower of HiP Investor and sustainability architect Bill Baue — starts by asking, "What is the point of business and economics, anyway?" and moves from there to open a conversation with some of sustainability's top strategists to examine leading-edge work that is expanding the way business creates, quantifies, manages and communicates the value it delivers through the metrics it adopts.
Key topics to be explored include:
- How society is beginning to redefine value in the 21st century and what this means for business
- Breakthrough research and models for measuring the ROI of sustainability efforts
- Standardizing sustainability context
- Incentivizing and maximizing employee engagement and well-being and quantifying the value of same
- Tying environmental and social initiatives to enhanced shareholder value
- The valuation of ecosystem services
- The growing role of materiality in how companies are, or should be, measuring and reporting impact, and more!
Read on and join the conversation!